FRBA May Meeting
For our May meeting, FRBA Founder, Janet Johnson, will discuss fiber arts as a growing field, with knitting, crocheting, quilting, sewing, weaving, and art journal making from fabrics, with some samples and suggested techniques. Janet will lead us into a special “FRBA group installation” for CA 101 2018. Imagine visitors to CA101 being welcomed by a Field of Pom Poms that you helped create! We will have supplies for making these simple but compelling balls of yarn in bright colors at our meeting on May 1. Please plan to stay a bit later than normal to make your contributions to this outdoor installation!
If you have bright acrylic yarns in shades of red or other flower colors, please bring them. Other “tools” you might bring would be a fork with four tongs–a regular dinner sized fork or a large serving fork will work. We will also have cardboard patterns plus skewers for stems to stick in the ground.
Date: Tuesday, May 1, 2018
Time: 5:00pm – 7:00pm
Place: Home of FRBA President, Dr. Chantal Toporow
Access is down the driveway, behind the car.
FRBA AGENDA –May Monthly Meeting
1. Welcome & Introduction of Members – Chantal Toporow
2. Approval of Minutes from March ( attached herein) – Bea Savellano
3. Treasurer’s Report – Ann Dupuy
4. Business: CA 101 2017 “CA. USA. THE WORLD” –Nina Zak Laddon, Curator, Sandra Liljenwall, Exhibition Director, Susan Lapin, Administration
CA 101 2017 Update and request for volunteers and support- Nina Zak Laddon
5. Recap of April 27th Fundraiser at Heidi and Dennis’ home – Carla Spreng
6. TEDx Redondo Beach –Susan Lapin
8. Presentation by FRBA Founder Janet Johnson
9. Set next meeting date
Please confirm your attendance by replying to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you and we hope to see you all at our next meeting.
Sincerely, The FRBA and the CA 101 2018 Team